November 10, 2007

I Finally Figure it Out

Somebody named Mary has, for a very long time, been leaving strange messages on my blog. I generally just read them, allow a brief "wtf?!" flash across my brain, and then continue on with my life. Who's Mary and why are they so persistent in leaving fairly worthless comments like:

As they say, "A kind and compassionate act is its own reward!"
The choice is always yours.

A couple of days ago I was looking through my website statistics and noticed that a lot of people were linking to my website from some forum with URL

http://joshreads.com/?p=1325

Wondering why my site was mentioned on a forum I surfed to the site and started to look for where I was linked. Unable to find an obvious link I searched the source code for "Snively" and, lo and behold, it directed me to the 100th post. It said:

The Grandstanding Oddball says:

November 8th, 2007 at 9:00 pm
For a second there, I thought that the quotation marks at the end of Mary’s “well-known” “quote” were actually a trademark TM. And I was terrified that anyone would have trademarked such an awkward and horrifically uninteresting quote.

As it turns out, only one person in the history of the world has ever said this, and they were just quoting Mary.


Hm, very interesting! But still, who is Mary? I decided to dig around more and try to find out. Turns out that there's a lot of mention of a "Mary Worth" throughout the post. I looked up Mary Worth on Google and guess what I found!



So, there you go, some random person is leaving Mary Worth quotes on my blog. WHY!?!?!?!

I offer up a scavenger hunt, whoever can find the most Mary Worth comments on my blog wins. Bonus points if you can find the corresponding comics online. Godspeed!

2 comments:

FreeLance said...

darn ! I would have loved to go on such a quest (I'm serious, I like fun random things like these) but I have so much work ! good luck on it though !

Anonymous said...

In any case... "Charity sees the need, not the cause."