November 11, 2007

Fun Games at the Mall

A bunch of Conner 2-ians decided to go to the Cambridge Galleria (the local mall) today. I didn't have anything in particular that I wanted, but I try to visit the fun game/toy/puzzle stores in any mall I visit. Luckily, I found one in the Galleria!

Actually, before I talk about that, we need to discuss Christmas. It's not Christmas. Christmas isn't for another month and a half. Would somebody please tell the Cambridge Galleria this? They obviously have no clue because they have Christmas music blasting from all the speakers, trees everywhere, and thousands of lights hanging from everywhere! Huge ornaments, Christmas sales, ornaments for sale, what's going on?! IT'S NOVEMBER ELEVENTH!!! Is their clock fast or something!? BY A MONTH!? AND A HALF!? Give the pilgrims some credit, they happened before Christmas, at least pretend to acknowledge that whole Plymoth rock, make nice with the Indians thing that happend a couple of hundred years ago. But no, "Joy to the World" is now stuck in my head and I'm trying to drown it with Wicked Music.

So, back to the game store. Back in 8th grade my science teacher had this awesome little toy that he showed us on the last day of school that I didn't have a chance to truly play with and appreciate. I've been looking to buy it since then but didn't know what it was called and haven't been able to find it. As luck would have it, I found it tucked back on some random shelf in this game store!



It's called "Spin-Out" The goal is to rotate the pieces such that the black plastic piece can slide out of the white shell. All the blue pieces have to be horizontal but they're constrained such that you can only rotate one at a time.



I'm happy to say that it's fairly addicting and just easy enough to solve that it passes the time quite nicely.

I also found another fun game called "Flip-Side." This one is much more devious and we've yet to solve it, but we'll get it, no worries! I mean, this is MIT, it's what we do.



Oh, and, one more thing, the second chair was up in a tree, as was mentioned in one of the comments. I went to look for it today and it had been removed, but general concensus by those parties involved is that the second chair did exist and that it was in a tree. If you have ABSOLUTELY no idea what I'm talking about, check out this site, it'll explain.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! I have a Flipside! Well, technically it's my little brother's, but I've had a lot of fun playing around with it. :)

FreeLance said...

in a tree ???
this is one of the reasons I want to go there !!! ^^

Anonymous said...

It's not just Christmastime in the NE. There were Christmas things out in your home state BEFORE HALLOWEEN! It's just not right.

Ben said...

In Michigan, we say that we know it's Halloween when the Christmas decorations start coming out. Of course, we also have Bronner's in Frankenmuth, MI that sells nothing but Christmas stuff all year long.