May 20, 2007

My New Laptop

Alright, it's official, I know which laptop I'll be getting. My grandma is coming to town on June 7th and we're ordering it then (she's helping pay for it). I'll have it about a week after that.

I'm getting a Dell Latitude D820 with my MIT 12% discount.





I decided to go all out and just put everything into it I could. I figured that I will only have this one chance to get my laptop with this discount and with my grandma's help, so I might as well make it as amazing as possible. Here are some specs (I bolded the important bits):

Intel® Core™ 2 Duo T7600 (2.33GHz) 4M L2 Cache, 667Mhz Dual Core

Genuine Windows Vista™ Ultimate, with media

15.4 inch Wide Screen WSXGA+ LCD Panel

2.0GB RAM, DDR2-667 SDRAM, 2 DIMMS

512MB NVIDIA® Quadro NVS 120M TurboCache™

60GB Hard Drive, 9.5MM, 7200RPM

Touchpad with UPEK® Fingerprint Reader

24X CD-RW/DVD for Vista Ultimate

Dell Wireless™ 1390 802.11g Mini Card

Dell Wireless® 350 Bluetooth Module for Vista

9 Cell Primary Battery

Additional 9 Cell Primary Battery


For the full list of specs, check out this website.

What it doesn't have is Microsoft Office for Students 2007, which has OneNote, Microsoft Word, Excel, and Powerpoint. I'll be buying that separately, along with a 500 gb portable hard drive, BlueTooth mouse, and case. Know what that means? I need a lot of BestBuy gift cards, so if you're so-inclined to purchase me a graduation present (or just a present), make it a blue box with a yellow bow ;)

I'll download SolidWorks shortly after getting my laptop, and then with my new video camera, I will be a modeling and blogging king! BWAHAHAHAHAHA!

No comments: