December 12, 2006

The Tube

Some colleges are lame and just send you a letter if you get accepted. MIT rocks because they send you "The Tube". If you get "The Tube" then basically MIT is giving you permission to freak out and run around with said tube while either hugging it or caressing it because it's so awesome! Here's what the tube looks like (note the dancing penguin in the background):
Inside the tube was a variety of things. The first thing was confetti, lots of confetti! You empty the tube out and it's like a small party!

The next thing is the MIT Poster. It's different every year, customized for each class. This year's looked like thus:

It's a very sexy blue and has a picture of the great dome. In the background is a campus map while in the foreground you can find a submarine and some people rowing crew, as well as the year "2011" (my graduation year!).

Other goodies in the tube include my official acceptance letter, my fancy acceptance certificate, a magnet, and a coupon for 10% off my purchase at the MIT store (the coop). I plan on using that really soon! I'm buying MIT gear baby! Finally, there was a letter from the president trying to persuade me to attend (just because I am admitted, they can't assume I'll attend, they're still recruiting) and a letter from the financial aid director. Those are the boring papers. I'm partial to the poster and the glitter!


There you have it, a glimpse inside "The Tube".

8 comments:

Andrew Dalton said...

That's pretty cool, especially the poster. Maybe I should have applied ;D

Anonymous said...

its pretty cool that you got into MIT. so why do you want to go there?

Anonymous said...

Did you know that your last name is the same from Snape(from Harry Potter)'s nickname? Well, you do now.

Anonymous said...

wooowwwwlips

that s chrazchy mon

Anonymous said...

wow! Thats a lot more exciting than a letter...Yay for tubes!

R. Walton said...

WANT

Unknown said...

Thanks for this - understand now what the TUBE is - it's not that old of a tradition, definitely wasn't around in 1986 when I got my letter, the old "snail mail" way!

greenguy109 said...

haha that's great guy. congratulations. penn only sent me a crinkled acceptance letter...

=(

but it's an acceptance letter! haha